Friday, December 4, 2020

Video Adds Value to Virtual Meetings



Every animation starts with a storyboard, and every story needs a hero. Our hero is the 2021 Midwest Energy Solutions Conference logo.

I like to start with a hint, and then the big reveal, followed by a conclusion.

4 second storyboard

I created this short animated logo in Adobe After Effects. I took the logo into Adobe Illustrator, and changed the color profile to RGB, and copied the 2021 to a new file. I gathered my assets in AE, and animated it. The number graphic "2021" starts out at 0 seconds at 1500% and rotated 90 degrees. Below it is a white rectangle shape with feathered edges, that I use effectively as a mask. And on a layer below that is our hero of the story, the logo, who will be revealed as the 2021 and mask graphics rotate and scale into place. Fade to white. Fin.

Then I output as mp3.




Here's a 10 second video. I found a public domain clip of the bean, desaturated it to grey scale, and let the logo slide up and fade in. Then surprise, text appears with the date & time of the upcoming video conference.